New nest

I'd love to help you find your "new nest" as well as share tips on updating it, decorating it, filling it with good food, etc.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

What is Earnest Money?





Earnest money is due shortly after a Buyer's offer on a home is accepted. There are some important questions to answer regarding "earnest money" --



How much do I have to put down?

When is it due?

Why do I have to put it down?
Is it refundable?
What if I change my mind (have concerns from the inspection), etc?

Where is it kept?

Who will protect it?
Can I get any of it back if I cancel?



Check out this video to find out the answers to these questions. As a buyer, you need to know all the ins and outs of earnest money--since it's your first investment in your new home.




No comments:

Post a Comment